I was eleven when I first heard about you. Word got around among my friends that a new family had just moved into the big quarters, three houses away from mine and they had a boy my age. Somehow I was very taken with the name 'Syed Ibrahim'. Through my eleven years of life I never knew any 'Syed' my age, let alone had one as a friend. Your name really aroused a deep interest in me.
A few days after you moved into your new house I went to hang out at my friend's whose house happened to be directly opposite yours, with the hope that I'd get a glimpse of this so-called 'Syed'. I was in luck. You were in your compound, helping your mum to weed the garden. The very first sight of you had drawn me to you like ant to sugar. You seemed to be about my age - slim, fair-skinned, with short, wavy dark hair. With those specks, you looked very smart and scholarly. And to my young innocent eyes, you were then the cutest boy I'd ever seen.
to be continued...
A few days after you moved into your new house I went to hang out at my friend's whose house happened to be directly opposite yours, with the hope that I'd get a glimpse of this so-called 'Syed'. I was in luck. You were in your compound, helping your mum to weed the garden. The very first sight of you had drawn me to you like ant to sugar. You seemed to be about my age - slim, fair-skinned, with short, wavy dark hair. With those specks, you looked very smart and scholarly. And to my young innocent eyes, you were then the cutest boy I'd ever seen.
to be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment